Through the Islamic Studies Department under the Ministry of Religious Affairs, Arabic schools offers students the advantage of receiving religious education in Arabic language together with the national curriculum. The list of Arabic schools can be found
This service is for parents to register their children to sit for the Arabic School Candidate Selection Examination (PCKSA).
This is an offline/counter service.
General Prerequisite / Criteria
- Muslim of Ahli Sunnah Wal-Jamaah.
Subject of His Majesty Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam.
Valid birth certificate.
Valid citizenship certificate (If applicable).
Children aged not more than 12 years old on January 1.
Currently attending at least Year 4 in Government / Private Primary Schools and Primary 2 in Religious Schools.
For Convert or Muallaf candidates:
- Parents must be subjects of His Majesty Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam or Permanent residents of Brunei Darussalam with Purple Identity Card.
- The candidate and both parents are converts or Muallaf for not more than 10 years.
How to use the Service
- Get the registration form from the government religious school where your child is attending. The form is usually distributed in the second week of January and registrations will be opened until end of February.
- Fill in the form and submit it back to the religious school. You will need to have and provide:
- A copy of the applicant's birth certificate.
- A copy of the applicant's citizenship certificate (if applicable).
- A copy of the parents' or guardian's identity cards.
- A copy of the parents' or guardian's citizenship certificates (if applicable).
- A copy of the applicant’s adoption certificate (if applicable).
- A copy of the applicant’s foster parents' identity cards (if applicable).
- For Convert / Muallaf applicant: a copy of his/her conversion certificate.
- The applicants will be informed via their respective religious schools on their registration status.
- The release of the examination results will be announced on the news via radio and TV. Individual results can be obtained from respective religious schools or via SMS for those candidates or parents who have registered to receive the examination results via SMS.